Introduction to APPSA
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of Arizona Professional Pet Sitters and Associates (APPSA). APPSA is a professional pet services association in Arizona formed to serve the following goals:
For Pet Sitters
APPSA will provide members the opportunity for the positive exchange of experiences and opinions through interactive discussion. High standards of conduct among providers of pet sitting services will be encouraged and maintained. Valuable information relative to the functions and accomplishments of successful pet sitting establishments will be presented to the membership.
For the Public
APPSA will promote the business of pet sitting and educate the public regarding the benefits of these services and it will strengthen and promote the awareness of pet sitting as a professional occupation. The Association will foster goodwill between other pet care providers and pet sitters and the public they serve. Also, the Association will conduct and cooperate in courses of study to benefit Association Members and/or Phoenix pet owners.
APPSA’ Member Benefits
- Receiving referrals through the APPSA website and from fellow members.
- Enjoying camaraderie with fellow professional pet sitters.
- Attending informative meetings highlighting local professional business services.
- Participating in continuing educational opportunities.
- Serving the local animal community.
- Networking with other types of pet care specialists.
- Educating the public about professional pet sitting in our area.
APPSA’ Mission Statement
- To promote the value of professional pet sitting to pet owners.
- To foster cooperation and support between Arizona Professional Pet Sitters’ individual businesses through networking and continuing education in the pet sitting field.
- To positively impact the welfare of Phoenix shelters and animals.
APPSA’ Membership Criteria
- Who are majority principal owner of a pet sitting business;
- Who have made formal application to APPSA; via www.appsa.net
- Who have paid and are current on membership dues to the Association;
- Who are engaged in the business of professional pet sitting primarily in the Arizona area or a pet related business (trainer, groomer, etc…);
- Who derive a substantial portion of their pet related income from professional pet service;
- Who have agreed to adhere to the Association’s Pledge of Professionalism and other policies;
- Who have read and agree to abide by all APPSA’ Bylaws;
- Pay dues on time
- Who have agreed to participate in a minimum of One (1) meeting and/or events within a twelve (12) month period (these shall include regular member meetings, special meetings or recognized APPSA events); excluding Holiday party in December; and
- Who attest to having NO felony convictions, which would void membership
Once a potential APPSA member has submitted a completed Membership Application with full payment, the Board of Directors will approve all Applications meeting APPSA’ Membership Criteria. When approved, full membership status will be granted and the new member will be added to the APPSA referral website. If membership is declined, the dues payment will be returned to the candidate along with an explanation of refusal.
APPSA’ Pledge of Professionalism
As an APPSA member, I agree to abide by the following standards:
- To treat clients, fellow professional pet sitters and employees or contractors with honesty, respect and courtesy.
- To protect and honor clients’ information, privacy and property.
- To provide skillful pet care in a safe, compassionate and well-documented manner.
- To educate my clients, my community and myself in an on-going manner about the proper care, nutrition and behavior of all pets within my area of specialty or expertise.
- To dedicate a portion of my time and/or resources to the welfare of animals locally, nationally or globally.
- To comply with all local, state and federal laws regarding the business of in-home pet sitting.
- To promote a product, service or event in connection with APPSA only with written consent of the Board of Directors of the Association.